So, Day 13 is about my week.
In a nutshell:
It has been long. Which I didn't realize until today. I came back from taking the boys to school, stretched out on my bed to finish a chapter of my book and woke up at 2:00.
That would be PM.
I guess I was tired.
Anyway, I thought I'd give you a rundown of my week, noting the good, then the bad.
Here are my Roses for the week thus far, in no particular order:
- Getting to meet up with Kathi last night for dinner because she was in town for work. Then we browsed in WalMart and THREE book stores. Good times.
- Um. Hello? THREE bookstores. Six books bought. (Shh..it's a secret.)
- Saving $81.26 on groceries yesterday. Bought $203.36 worth for only $122.10.
- The boys coming home HAPPY everyday from school.
- Nicholas getting into the percussion section like he wanted.
- Starting our gluten-free lifestyle.
- Big Daddy telling me that he starts his vacation next Tuesday.
- Finding six bucks in my wallet folded in a receipt.
- Having a Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino yesterday.
- Steven Slater. Seriously, he is my hero. The customer is NOT always right.
- Just realizing that the Kroger cashier forgot to give me credit for my reusable bags. Again.
- The crappy treatment I got at Publix after a three-way conversation over my coupon.
- The humidity. Seriously. I'd rather be cold than hot.
- Having to drive all the way to town to the library. And that was the only stop I needed to make. Then because all the parking on the street was full, I had to park behind the building and huff it all the way up the hill. Did I mention it's hot in these parts?
- Starting our gluten-free lifestyle. If I hear one more complaint of being hungry, I am going to snap.
- Having to punish the boys every night this week for poor attitude, smart mouths, and back-talking. (Except for Wednesday. I was out and about!!)
- Big Daddy worked a double on Sunday and will again tomorrow.
- Being behind on the housework and writing.
- Digestive issues after having the Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino. Thoughts of "lactose sensitivity" danced in my head.
- Still behind on reading (and commenting) on your blogs.