Quantcast

6/13/11

Cube Dog: Review




Thank you to Cube Dog for sponsoring this review. For more information about Cube Dog please visit the Facebook page or download it on iTunes.



Given my addiction passion for my iPhone and especially the apps, being asked to review Cube Dog was feeding my addiction simply exciting. Further, Cube Dog* is free and y'all know I don't easily turn away from many things that are free.

After downloading the app, I dove right in to create my very own Cube Dog. Here is my first born, Daisy:


Daisy is very fancy and has her own iPhone. (My boys will be jealous of that - if I tell them.) 

After I played some baseball with Daisy, scratched her ears, and took her photo, I needed to create her a sibling. Meet Duke. 


Now don't be fooled by his gruff exterior. He does have his soft-side. I gave him a little rub:
  
He's pretty quiet though. 

Then because I can have a total of three Cube Dogs, I had to make a complete trio. Here's Dill:


For each of my three dogs, the 3D graphics are amazing. I can zoom in or pan out. I can even turn them a full 360 degrees. Of the apps available today, I haven't seen any with this kind of detail.

There is a built- in camera to take photos of my Cube Dogs; the screen capture function on my iPhone was disabled while using the app.

To design each of my dogs, there were a few options for each of the features - size of head, eyes, ears, body/markings, and mouth. Other available features are locked, but available for purchase. At the time of this writing, the cost to open the features is $0.99.

As far as playing with the dogs, in the free version I am limited to just four actions - however, more actions are available for purchase. Two packages are available for $2.99 each.

I, mistakenly, thought that this app was going to be more interactive. The Cube Dogs respond to "touch" but I had thought maybe they'd need to be fed, petted, played with and other sorts of virtual pet responsibilities.

(But really, I don't know where I got that idea.)

One thing that I disliked with the app is the background music. It (again, my opinion) does not match. Plus there is not a button for me to turn off the music other than turning down the volume on the phone. Of course, when I turn down the volume that means I can't hear any of the two or three noises the dog (s) make.


Summary


Pros:

  • Basic app is free
  • Supported on newer devices
  •  3D Graphics are amazing
  • Adorable
Cons:
  • No music toggle switch
  • Limited game play
  • More (better) features cost

Overall, a cute idea. I'll be excited to see how far Cube Dog grows.


Check out this awesome video:








Starting today through June 17th, there is a special promotion going on over on the Cube Dog Facebook page where each day some can win a prize.


I'll see you over there. :)


While Cube Dog provided me with the app to review, the opinions I've expressed here are solely my own and represent my honest viewpoint. Cube Dog, Clever Girls Collective and I promote Blog With Integrity.


*I have an iPhone 4 which is one of the devices that is able to support this particular application. iPod Touch with Camera 4 is also able to support the app.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...