Quantcast

11/24/11

Thankful

It started out on Facebook: Post something you're thankful for daily until Thanksgiving.
true to form
Photo credit via Flickr
I started out well, and then lost my focus somewhere around day three. Sometimes it's hard to focus on the good stuff when the not-so-good stuff  just keeps happening.

Just this month:
  • the dryer died*
  • husband's truck died*
  • definitively diagnosed with a chronic condition*
  • thought we were the victims of bank fraud*
  • husband's company decided to do away with the yearly bonuses; the bonus we always earmarked for Christmas
  • air conditioner died
  • the dishwasher dies

    (note: the entries marked with an * happened in November and is not a complete list)
See a trend? 

In the heat of the moment, without thinking through, it is all too easy to dwell on the negative and forget the things that really matter.While hand-washing the dishes, I've had plenty of time to ponder what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. 

These are in no particular order. Because frankly, they all are interconnected in someway.

1. Big Daddy

I retract my previous statement; he has to be in the number one position, because without him, my life as I know it would cease to exist. He is spiritually my other half.  

2. Jessica

Words can't describe how incredibly proud to call her my daughter. And the last few months while she has been at boot camp and training has shown me that is quite a capable young woman.  

3. Nicholas

His intelligence presses me to continue to study and learn. Mostly to keep ahead of him. 

4. Darrin

The sweetest boy I could ever dream of having. He makes me laugh daily. He may look like me, but he is his daddy made over. 

5. Facebook
7. Astacia Carter
8. My husband's job. Maybe not that specific company, but the fact he has one.
9. My neighbors, on the south side
10. Google
11. My online friends
12. My in-person friends
13. Books of all genres
14. Health insurance
15. Dental insurance
16. Prescription insurance
17. The news that the truck may not be completely dead (blown engine) like I originally thought. Still waiting on the final diagnosis
18. No one had hack our bank account.

19. We are all basically healthy.

Right now, I am the only one that takes medications for two chronic conditions and a deficiency. In the grand scheme of things, it is nothing compared to other folks.

20. Chrome/Firefox

I love me some red squiggly lines that tells me that I've made a spelling error. Now if they could get that on my iPhone...

21. Monroe, Charlie and Brownie

Charlie and Brownie can be major PITAs, and they have caused an issue with my drunken neighbor, but other than that, I love them and can't imagine not having them.

22. E

This is the baby I keep during the week. School has been out this week, which means no fill of E for me. I miss him.

23. Music.

24. The means to buy food for my family. Even a Thanksgiving dinner.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...