Quantcast

10/15/08

WFMW - Helping someone else


I am doing a second entry today so that I can post it at Shannon's. My goal is just to get the word out as far out as possible.

Today is Blog Action Day 2008. While I didn't really know much about it until just minutes ago, I wanted to get the word out.

But after reading this post, she inspired me to do something WE ALL ARE CAPABLE OF DOING.
"If you are reading this blog you can make a difference simply by visiting FreeRice.com. There, you can improve your
vocabulary and do good for others. For each correct definition you click on, the
website donates 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food program."

I challenge every person that reads this post, to participate for just five minutes. If you do participate, please leave me a comment...Together we can reach many more than going alone.


A very special thanks to Rachel and Sarah to opening my eyes this evening.


4 comments:

Rae said...

Oh! You're so great!

I really love freerice.com. I can waste my entire lunch hour there before I grow tired of it.

Thanks for spreading the news. :)

Beachy Mimi said...

Thanks for the heads up!

Unknown said...

I love that site! I have been doing it for a few minutes each day and it makes me feel better : ). I wish I was smart enough to add a little widget to my own blog page! Thanks for sharing this with everyone. Have a blessed day.

SarahHub said...

Isn't my sister so smart? And sweet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...