Quantcast

12/24/08

Put the lime in the coconut...and pass one my way

Hey y'all...

Things are a bit hectic around the Mans.

My father-in-law and his 'friend' are coming for Christmas. They were due to arrive Thursday morning-ish. My husband wasn't holding his breath because spontaneity runs deep on his side of the family, and the main culprit is his father. You never know where that man is going to land.

I had a strong feeling that they would arrive Christmas Eve. So strong that when I did my Christmas dinner shopping on Sunday, I bought to make a large meal tonight as well.

My husband decides to call them today and ask about their plan.

THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY. THEY ARE IN THE PANHANDLE OF FLORIDA AS OF THIS WRITING.

:::slow, steady breathing:::

That is only about, oh, nine hours away.

But the way my truck driving, speed demon FIL drives, they'll be here in time for the early bird supper.

As I let the events that just unfolded sink in fully, I checked my email. First one on the list, "Three steps to surviving your in-laws."

Oh, the irony.

I opened it and oddly there was no mention of tequila, limes, or crushed ice.

Feliz Navidad, y'all.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Pass one of those drinks my way, will ya?

Christmas is fun, but HECTIC.

Hope you guys managed to have a great Christmas despite the in-laws.

And boy, do I feel ya, girly. I know all about the in-laws. :)

XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...