Quantcast

5/30/09

Eats like a bird

This morning I am upstairs making the bed in our bedroom. The windows are open and I hear Nicholas and Blake running across our front yard but give it no thought. A few minutes later, I hear them running back toward Blake's house and Nicholas is giggling quite loudly.

"I got a big one! It is wiggling in my hand!"

I look out the side window that faces Chris and Blake's house. The four of them are huddled together over something but I can't see anything but grass and a brown leaf.

After watching them for a minute or two, I asked them what they were doing. A baby bird had fallen out of its nest, didn't have any feathers, so they were feeding it worms.

They kept the bird alive until 5 o'clock. I think the cause of death may have been the broken pieces of raw carrot they fed it.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

ya think? LOL Damn kids!

Bridgett said...

Aww...well, at least they tried. Baby birds eat A LOT.

I'm so glad our birds didn't fall from the nest. I worried about that a lot.

Poor birdie. I bet momma bird was really upset.

XOXO

Rachel said...

They tried. LOL

SarahHub said...

I think it's so sweet that they fed him! Poor little bird!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...