Quantcast

8/6/10

My First Love

"Day 2" of the blog challenge.

My first love. Wow. That brings up a lot of memories. Some sweet and others, well....

We all have that, I think.

My junior year in high school, I went half day to my home school and half day at another. I was in a Medical somethingoranother class with fourteen other people, also from other high schools.

There was this guy that caught my eye straight away. Apparently, I didn't catch his eye because it was October before we finally went out on a date. I was beside myself with excitement and then I found out the real reason for the date.

A girl in our class dared him to go out with me.

Well, long story short, I must have impressed him finally because we continued dating until the Spring.

Then, I broke up with him. A week before his prom.

(For reasons I ought not share on the Internet.)

(No. He is not my baby daddy, either.)

Anyway, I was truly in love with him. I thought we'd get married someday. I loved his family. I was there when his Dad had his heart attack. I was there when his Mom had surgery. We were inseparable.

But, he changed and I thought I was too good for him. (Pffft. I know.)

Then, I moved away.

To this day, we still talk. After marriages and babies and break-ups.

There will always be a special place in my heart for him. You know, with hindsight being what it is and all. He isn't "the one that got away" but he really was my first love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...