Quantcast

9/21/10

Love is...

For Sara's 30-day challenge, Day 7 asks:

"What is one of your favorite quotes and why?"

There are two reasons that I have answered this yet:

A. Big Daddy has been home since Friday afternoon, save for about 2 hours Sunday, so I had to do other stuff, and

2. I have known for well over a week this topic was coming, and I have yet to think of a favorite quote.


However, even though I am not a religious person, there is a quote, scripture, line (whatever one would call it) out of the Bible that I have liked since I married Big Daddy.
First, my grandmother quoted it for some reason. Later, the man that married us just happened to quote it during the service. I didn't even ask him to. It was a little surreal.

There are about 2, 345 versions, depending on the actual book and version one could be reading. I found this at BellaOnline:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it is not proud, it does not boast. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but it rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."

- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

2 comments:

Kathi said...

I love that verse too. :)

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

That was read at my wedding on purpose. The funny part is, it is the only words you can hear on the entire tape. So, literally the most important words (other than the I do's) spoken are the only ones you hear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...