Quantcast

2/27/11

Because I am nothing if not a follower

#SOCsunday

Why I have not done this in the past is beyond me. But Fadra's weekly hosting of stream of consciousness is pure genius. I LOVE posts like these. 


Anywho, here are the rules,blatently stolen carefully copied, pasted and given proper attribution from Ms. Fadra herself:


  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
Alrighty then. I suppose it is time to get my timer on and start writing. I hope I don't go blind from all the red underlining that is sure to happen. Here goes my maiden voyage:

The timer has been set and now my fingers are flying.

I oftentimes wonder why it is that I keep this blog. To be discovered? To be famous? To hope someoone will read it.

I hold back a lot of things that I write about because I am afraid of what peopel will think of me. There are so many more talented poeple out there that I don't know if I have anything of value to offer.

OMG it is hard not to proofread and edit.

These past few months have been amazing for me personally. At least as far as being online goes. the bummer is the lack of income. Big Daddy is being very pateient and not asking for a whole lot, but on the other hand i have got to start making some money. I have written hundreds of articles for other people for literally pennies and have nothing to show for my own. Applying for a real writing job is next to impossible and I don't want to ask anyone for help for fear of sounding desperate. If I had more timme in the day maybe things would turn around but twelve and thirteen hours sitting at a comptuer desk can take a toll out on me. Or it is. Whatever I am trying to say.

good lord.

the timer is going to go off soon and I don't have enought stuff written. Then i have to hit publish for the whole world to see. yippee.

maybe this will be a good thing.

DING
.
There you have it. Five minutes in the raw.


Riveting, isn't it?

7 comments:

PBJdreamer said...

I completely relate to this-->

I hold back a lot of things that I write about because I am afraid of what peopel will think of me. There are so many more talented poeple out there that I don't know if I have anything of value to offer.

......just hit the nail on the head


thst is all

Melisa S. said...

I hold back a lot too. But lately I am finding it refreshing to say what I mean to to hell with what others will think. After all, it is YOUR blog right?

Heather said...

Hello ladies!
I find it interesting when so many of us hold back, yet we put our words out there for the world to see.

It's a slippery slope....

Sandi said...

I hope that you start making some money with your writing. I am doing the same with a career in photography: going back to school, branching out, putting myself out there. It is TOUGH to follow a dream, especially when you NEED money to survive.
LOL@ at the hard not to proofread and spell check.. that nearly kills me every week!

Deb said...

It is a slippery slope! Some of the best posts I've ever written, I can't seem to push the PUBLISH button. I just can't take the chance that my former boyfriend will wander by and find out how devastated I still am by our break up. And yet... I just told you that in a very public place.

I think I need to take more risks.

And why not? it's my blog!

all.things.fadra said...

So what is wrong with me that I never have an apprehension about publishing? Am I lacking some filter I should have?

I made up a rule early on never to curse or be mean and if I have anything other than that, I feel okay publishing. The ones that come from the heart are the ones I always get the best responses to. Seriously.

The whole SOC writing came out of a free writing exercise I did privately to try and spark my creativity. I used it as a test post one day, took it down, and got cries to restore it. Who knew>

Heather said...

I think there is NOTHING wrong with you for not having any apprehension about publishing. It has just occurred to me that your "lack of a filter" is what makes you a better writer.

While I will say everything I say on this blog is absolutely 100% honest, I hold back a lot. Mostly negative stuff.

I actually love this exercise and hope to do this more often.

If nothing else, my typing should improve.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...