Quantcast

2/2/11

Converstations in the Car

Darrin and I are sitting in the car after school. We are having our weekly alone time while Nicholas has his marimba lesson.

He is quiet for a while and then he asks, "Did the groundhog see his shadow?"

"Nope."

"So, what does that mean?"

"I think it means six more weeks until Spring."

Pause.

"What if he did see his shadow?"

"Then we'd have six more weeks of winter."

"Oh."

Long, thoughtful pause.

"Okay. What's the point? It's the same."

I had to laugh. Then have my own long thoughtful pause.

My ten-year-old analyzed something that took me until my mid-twenties to realize.



2 comments:

Lori said...

That's funny! Smart kid!!

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Confession: I didn't get it until I read this.

My name is Sara, and I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...