Quantcast

7/19/08

Would you like fries with that?

When I walk into a restaurant, I have this crazy habit of expecting that the person taking my order--be it directly into a computer or on a notepad--would have knowledge of the various dishes offered.

I know. Some nerve I have, huh?

Nicholas started early this morning that he wanted tacos for dinner. And really, that is weird because he never asks for specific meals. Well, Big Daddy thought that sounded good, too. But when he went to ::shhhh:: Home Depot and the store, I asked him to pick up the stuff for it. He said no, we'd just go to Taco Bell.

Um. Ok.

I am in the midst of a teeny-tiny problem--my gallbladder is shot. Fatty meals are agony. Actually, water does the same thing, but I digress.

So, BD was relentless in the fact that I needed to go. I went online and found that they have a new Fresco menu and it is all low-fat. Combined with the fact that the new Fruitista looked very refreshing, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Looking at the menu inside, I was not impressed. I ask the girl (I guess that should have been my first clue) what was inside a Chicken Burrito Supreme--Fresco version.

She looks at me like I asked her in French and replies, "Um. Well. Uh...It has chicken."

I clinched the counter and said, "Ok. I get the chicken part but what else is in it?"

"It's the same as the burrito supreme but it has tomatoes, cilantro, and onions."

I am losing my patience but I calmly ask her if it has beans, cheese, sour cream, rice or anything else.

"Oh. No"

I order one and the mango strawberry fruitista.

Long story short:

The burrito had beans. The drink was too sweet. And none of it tasted better the second time.


Next week, I am making tacos at home as Nicholas was disappointed, too.

No quiero Taco Bell.

2 comments:

Kelsey S said...

k Im sorry it didnt work out!

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org

Land of Lovings said...

oooh, not good! I had my gallbladder taken out right after my oldest daughter was born. I think labor and delivery was better than dealing with gallstones. that was some of the worst pain ever!

hope you feel better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...