Quantcast

12/5/09

As seen on the clearance rack

Whilst browsing the 'net this morning looking for creative inspiration, I came across this website. I think I will bookmark it in its own folder.

Here is the prompt I chose today:

Imagine your life is a book. In 100 words, write a blurb for it. (It's what people will read on the back cover.)


Heather was attempting to make the best of her given situation. She worked two jobs, juggled a toddler, a was barely paying the bills. Her mother thought that the solution to all of her problems was to find Mr. Right or even Mr. He'll Do. However, finding a man was the last on Heather's agenda.

Flash forward twelve years later: She has found Mr. Right, added two rowdy boys to the mix, and is still working two jobs. Heather has returned to school to get a degree of her dream job.

But will the new career finally give her the feeling of contentment she's been searching for all along?

So, what would your blurb say?

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Good Blurb.

Mine would be too depressing to write.

~Kathi

Bridgett said...

Oooh! I'll try and do this on my blog tomorrow. Fun!

Lori said...

Hey, I'd read that book! I used to use that web site but had forgotten about it. I think I lost the link once when my computer died. I'll have to bookmark it again now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...