Quantcast

6/18/10

Social, I Can Be

I won't say I was desperate for a post this evening, nor would I say I have been afflicted with "writer's block," but there is the remote possibility that I was searching for divine inspiration from somewhere. For anything interesting and preferably humorous this evening.

'Cause, let me tell you, nothing blog-worthy happened today. Unless you think buying a weedwacker at Home Depot is funny. Plus I had a coupon!

As I am trying to get caught up with new followers ::waves to the ladies in the front row:: I came across this gem:

Smart and Trendy Moms

::Angels sing::

So, as far as this parade goes:

A)Welcome new guests! Please, feel free to help your self to a cold beverage.
B) For those of you that know me, aren't you glad I am not whining about writing?
C)Let's introduce ourselves and make our way through the crowd.

I'll start:
  • I have been married to eleven years to Big Daddy (or BD). He is absolutely my other half.
  • We have three kids; Jessica (17), Nicholas (11) , and Darrin (10).
  • I am half way through getting my Elementary Education degree (Dream number 1)
  • I am writing a book among other small writing projects. (Dream number 2)
  • We have two dogs; Brownie and Charlie, and a cat; Monroe.
  • I am pretty sure the punctuation in the previous sentence is wrong.
  • Big Daddy calls me "Grammar Police."
  • Last summer, after a post involving some gross grammar error I spotted around town, someone pointed out that "grammar" was misspelled on my sidebar.
  • I am OCD about ...a lot of things. One thing is numbers. I like things even.
  • My husband says that makes me odd.
  • I am a voracious reader. For example, I have read two books in the last 36 hours.
  • One was The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (recommended by both my boys)
  • The other was Things Change by Patrick Jones.
  • If you have teenagers, encourage them to read this book. And read it yourselves. It was eye-opening to say the least.
  • I will update my 2010 reading sidebar soon. I am reading faster than I can get them posted.
  • I tend to procrastinate. (See above)

The rest, I guess as they say, is history. Or the future. Depends on what I am posting about. I love to meet new people, and I can't wait to see what you have to say.

Again, thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world. Hope to see you again soon!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for stopping by :) We have quite a few things in common: I've been w/ my hubby for 11 years [only married for 3 though], I love to read & I'm the worst procrastinator!!
I'm following you back :)
Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CherylT said...

Well, now I REALLY feel like I know you. Glad you found it through me. Looking forward to hearing about your every day adventures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...