Quantcast

12/31/11

Out With the Old, In With the New and Improved

Last year, I bid 2010 goodbye with a finger gesture and a swift quick in the pants. 

Apparently that was fuel for the fire as 2011 turned out to be nastier than its predecessor. I  have a few choice words for the things that have happened over the last 364 days, but frankly I'd rather just move on and hope for the best. As Big Daddy says, "It can only go up from here."

He is the eternal optimist. I, on the other hand, being the eternal pessimist, beg to differ. It could get a whole lot worse. At least, that's what I used to say...

Before I wrote this post on perspective, I would have written out a long list of woe-is-me or had some snarky commentary as to the happenings of the past year. It's time to turn over a new leaf. Despite all of the things that happened, all the times we were down to less than a buck in the checking account days before payday, and all the tears that were shed, we survived. In the moment, it felt like crap. If I were being completely honest, there are a few things that still feel crappy, but we will survive.

2012 CalendarFor all that 2011 offered, the least I can do is look back one last time, be thankful for the good times and for the lessons on how to deal with the bad.

2012, I am ready.


From my family to yours, I'd like to wish you and yours a very happy and healthy New Year.



1 comment:

Ross Martin said...

Very nice. I wish I knew how to do wall paper like this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...