I don't like Saturdays. Well, let me re-phrase that. I do like Saturdays in the fact that we get to sleep in, and the first one of every month is 50% off everything at Goodwill even though I rarely go. You know, the crowds and all.
But really, other than those two minor items, I don't like Saturdays at all.
Mostly, the reason is that Big Daddy almost always closes at his store. Which means he has to leave here around 12:30. Right smack dab in the middle of the day. The whole morning I feel like I am in limbo. I don't want to get into any projects because I don't want him to think I am ignoring him when I have the whole rest of the day. We can't really go anywhere or do anything. Then, once he is gone, I feel so out of sorts that I don't feel like doing anything anyway.
Wah. I know. Life could be so much worse.
Today was especially yucky. I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all and found that I needed to pick up some gifts left by my dogs which is a rarity for them. Then, I had approximately six minutes to myself before everyone came down asked, "What's for breakfast?" and proceeded to bother me further by breathing, walking, and giving off electrons. By 10:30, Big Daddy went into the kitchen and discovered that most of my problem could be attributed that I had missed the last two days of my meds (four doses) plus two of my evening doses in the last six days. So, in short, I was missing half of what I should have taken. When he pointed this out, I may or may not have bared my teeth, called him a poo-poo head, and burst into tears in the same breath.
I am sure he was thankful he had to work today.
However, finally the sun came out and the angels sang. Because, late this afternoon, I found out that I was the recipient of an award:
Kelly @ Mommy's Kicking Cancer's Ass just got this award herself. And in picking five other bloggers to receive such kudos, she picked me! I was beyond tickled (still am!) and it totally turned my day around.
In keeping with the fun and honor, I need to share seven things about myself:
- I am probably the biggest fan of Diet Coke you have ever met. However, I have paid the price for such devotion, and due to pain and suffering in my stomach, I've decided to give it up. I am not doing well with this process. It is an addiction. I'll finally decide I can't take anymore and drink one only to suffer the consequence. Eventually, I get through it and will be cola free. RIP Diet Coke.
- Sometimes I get emotionally involved with the books I am reading. So much so, that after finishing one, I actually feel a loss. Today, I am having such a day (and don't you dare say it's because my meds are off) after finishing Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock. I wish I knew this author personally because I would love to talk to her about this book. I HIGHLY recommend it. (I'll do a book review--new feature!-- in a day or so.)
- I didn't like the book, The Lovely Bones. Or the movie. In a twist of unusual events, I watched the movie first and ended up being disappointed after looking forward to it for so long. The next day was finally able to get my hands on a copy of the book, read a big chunk of it but never finished. Just couldn't.
- I was contacted to audition for "Wheel of Fortune" back in 2006. Went to the auditions, played some games, but didn't make the second cut. I did walk away with some lovely parting gifts. If the Wheel Mobile ever comes back to Middle Tennessee, I'll try again.
- Even though I have lived in Tennessee for seventeen years, the only attractions I have seen are Gatlinburg and Chattanooga (once and twice, respectfully). I don't know how I can truly call myself a Southern, Tennessee woman and haven't laid shadows in Memphis or Knoxville. Or any other great and/or historical places of significance for that matter.
- I hate, hate, hate watermelon. The smell of it, the taste, the texture...it makes me gag. Doesn't matter if it's the real thing or candy. However, I recently have started loving watermelon decor for summer time. Makes no sense, really.
- One of my OCD quirks is odd numbers. I can't handle it. However, because I shared my love/hate relationship with Saturdays above, I'll be able to manage.
Thanks again, Kelly for totally making my day!