Quantcast

6/26/10

It's all good

I've got a confession to make.

I don't like Saturdays. Well, let me re-phrase that. I do like Saturdays in the fact that we get to sleep in, and the first one of every month is 50% off everything at Goodwill even though I rarely go. You know, the crowds and all.

But really, other than those two minor items, I don't like Saturdays at all.

Mostly, the reason is that Big Daddy almost always closes at his store. Which means he has to leave here around 12:30. Right smack dab in the middle of the day. The whole morning I feel like I am in limbo. I don't want to get into any projects because I don't want him to think I am ignoring him when I have the whole rest of the day. We can't really go anywhere or do anything. Then, once he is gone, I feel so out of sorts that I don't feel like doing anything anyway.

Wah. I know. Life could be so much worse.

Today was especially yucky. I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all and found that I needed to pick up some gifts left by my dogs which is a rarity for them. Then, I had approximately six minutes to myself before everyone came down asked, "What's for breakfast?" and proceeded to bother me further by breathing, walking, and giving off electrons. By 10:30, Big Daddy went into the kitchen and discovered that most of my problem could be attributed that I had missed the last two days of my meds (four doses) plus two of my evening doses in the last six days. So, in short, I was missing half of what I should have taken. When he pointed this out, I may or may not have bared my teeth, called him a poo-poo head, and burst into tears in the same breath.

I am sure he was thankful he had to work today.

However, finally the sun came out and the angels sang. Because, late this afternoon, I found out that I was the recipient of an award:


Kelly @ Mommy's Kicking Cancer's Ass just got this award herself. And in picking five other bloggers to receive such kudos, she picked me! I was beyond tickled (still am!) and it totally turned my day around.

In keeping with the fun and honor, I need to share seven things about myself:

  1. I am probably the biggest fan of Diet Coke you have ever met. However, I have paid the price for such devotion, and due to pain and suffering in my stomach, I've decided to give it up. I am not doing well with this process. It is an addiction. I'll finally decide I can't take anymore and drink one only to suffer the consequence. Eventually, I get through it and will be cola free. RIP Diet Coke.
  2. Sometimes I get emotionally involved with the books I am reading. So much so, that after finishing one, I actually feel a loss. Today, I am having such a day (and don't you dare say it's because my meds are off) after finishing Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock. I wish I knew this author personally because I would love to talk to her about this book. I HIGHLY recommend it. (I'll do a book review--new feature!-- in a day or so.)
  3. I didn't like the book, The Lovely Bones. Or the movie. In a twist of unusual events, I watched the movie first and ended up being disappointed after looking forward to it for so long. The next day was finally able to get my hands on a copy of the book, read a big chunk of it but never finished. Just couldn't.
  4. I was contacted to audition for "Wheel of Fortune" back in 2006. Went to the auditions, played some games, but didn't make the second cut. I did walk away with some lovely parting gifts. If the Wheel Mobile ever comes back to Middle Tennessee, I'll try again.
  5. Even though I have lived in Tennessee for seventeen years, the only attractions I have seen are Gatlinburg and Chattanooga (once and twice, respectfully). I don't know how I can truly call myself a Southern, Tennessee woman and haven't laid shadows in Memphis or Knoxville. Or any other great and/or historical places of significance for that matter.
  6. I hate, hate, hate watermelon. The smell of it, the taste, the texture...it makes me gag. Doesn't matter if it's the real thing or candy. However, I recently have started loving watermelon decor for summer time. Makes no sense, really.
  7. One of my OCD quirks is odd numbers. I can't handle it. However, because I shared my love/hate relationship with Saturdays above, I'll be able to manage.
Now, I am to pass this lovely award to 5 other bloggers:




Thanks again, Kelly for totally making my day!

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Hey, thanks! Your watermelon aversion is fascinating! I don't think I've ever (ever) met anyone with that particular dislike.

Also: what parting gifts? Do tell.

Kelly said...

I'm glad I was able to make your day :)

I feel the same way about bananas as you do about watermelon minus the decorating part.

Kathi said...

Wow, you can look at watermelon?
Im impressed!
Remember that time in the classroom, you went to wash your hands and it was watermelon soap? You started to gagging right then and there and all I could do was laugh!
I am trying to get back into blogging, I just don't have anything interesting going on. Heres my link if you want it.
http://theseasonsofthisgirlslife.blogspot.com/
Love ya!
Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...