Quantcast

6/14/10

One less thing to worry about

I think we have established that I am a worrier.



Some may say that I worry over things that are silly and not worth the time.



Nevertheless, I will worry.



My friend Becky called me Saturday afternoon to see if I would be a substitute player for their Bunko group on Sunday evening. Even after I told her that I didn't know how to play nor had I ever played she assured me that it was super easy. All I had to do was bring $10 and a finger food to share.

After I hung up the phone, the worry started. Who wants to guess on what I worried about?

That I only knew two people out of the twelve that would be there?

No.

That I had no idea how to play and no one would want to be my partner?

Nope.

What I should wear to such an event?

Not even.

That I would bring a finger food that someone else brought and theirs would be better leaving me to make that lonely walk to the car at the end of the night with only one serving gone (mine) and wondering if the whispers behind my back are about my pitiful attempt at cooking therefore leaving my offering a tasteless, pitiful dish?

That would be the one.

There are many situations that strike fear in my heart causing me to reach for my gumball dispenser of X.anax. But all a caller has to do is say the words, "Bring a dish," and I am in the fetal postition in a dark room.

However.

Those days are over.

My husband, my rock, the wind beneath my wings, and hero extraordinaire helped me come up* with a dish that he assured me would be a winner. When I asked why he thought it would be a hit, he answered simply, "Because it's delicious."

May I present to you, "Rockin' Chicken"

Need:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
Bacon
2 evelopes of Taco seasoning
sour cream

Preheat oven to 375. Cut chicken breasts into strips and then into slightly larger than bite-size pieces. Wrap each "bite" into 1/3 piece of bacon. Secure with toothpick. Coat each chicken/bacon bite with the taco seasoning. Place about an inch apart on baking sheet. (Recommend placing parchment paper on baking sheet first for easier clean-up.) Bake about 20 minutes or until chicken is done.

With second envelope of taco seasoning, add to about 1 cup of sour cream. This becomes the dip for the chicken. Best served warm.

Be prepared for things like, "Oh my goodness!" "This is so good!" "I have to have the recipe!" "How did you do this?"
Enjoy.

Needless to say, my offering was a hit. They all wanted the recipe and one woman remarked that she was making it next month so that the ones that missed last night could taste it. (I secretly think she just wanted more.)

And when I left at the end of the night, my plate was empty.


*Disclaimer: We didn't actually "come up" with the recipe. It was given to him by a customer/friend. He made it for me on New Year's (and at first I was like, "No way. It has bacon." But it is delicious. And easy.

1 comment:

♥ Jenn ♥ said...

Um, that sounds delicious!!

Might be having to make that for my next party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...